- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations
- One The Grammar of the Renga Sequence
- Two the Link as a Structure of Signification
- Three Emptiness, or Linking as Différance
- Four Linking as Hermeneutical Process
- Five The Link as Figuration and Metaphorical Shift
- Six Différance and “the Jo-ha-kyū of the Myriad Arts”
- Seven The Close Link and the Distant Link
- Eight Emptiness and Enlightenment in Poetry
- Nine Medieval Symbolic Poetry and Buddhist Discourse
- Ten Beyond Meaning
- Eleven Ushin
- Twelve Poetry and the Instantaneous Illumination of Zen
- Thirteen Linking by Words and by Mind
- Fourteen The Chill and the Meager (Hieyase)
- Fifteen The Mode of Ambiguity is the Dharma Body
- Glossary of Key Terms and Concepts
- Western Sources
- Japanese Sources
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.