- Title Pages
- Tables and Figures
- Chapter One After the Fall of the Wall: Living Through the Post-Socialist Transformation in East Germany
- Chapter Two Society of Departure: The German Democratic Republic
- Chapter Three A “ready-made State”1 :The Mode of Institutional Transition in East Germany After 1989
- Chapter Four Old Assets, New Liabilities? How Did Individual Characteristics Contribute to Labor Market Success or Failure After 1989?
- Chapter Five Firms and Fortune: The Consequences of Privatization and Reorganization
- Chapter Six Lost in Transformation? Disparities of Gender and Age
- Chapter Seven The Rise of Meritocracy? Class Mobility in East Germany Before and After 1989
- Chapter Eight Family Formation in Times of Abrupt Social and Economic Change
- Chapter Nine Community Lost Or Freedom Gained? Changes of Social Networks After 1989
- Chapter Ten Spirals of Success and Failure? the Interplay of Control Beliefs and Working Lives in the Transition from Planned to Market Economy
- Chapter Eleven Comparing Paths of Transition
- Chapter Twelve The Quest for a Double Transformation
- Chapter Thirteen Unusual Turbulences—Unexpected Continuities
- Studies in Social Inequality
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.