- Title Pages
- Introduction Gender and Culture in Eighteenth-Century Italy
- One Cicisbei
- Two The Temple of Female Glory
- Three Giustina Renier Michiel and Conflicting Ideas of Gender in Late Eighteenth-Century Venice
- Four Revisiting Arcadia
- Five “On Canvas and on the Page”
- Six “The Residence of the Arts” Angelica Kauffman's Place in Rome
- Seven Strange Births and Surprising Kin
- Eight Sex Without Sex
- Nine Anatomy of a Lesbian
- Ten As Who Dare Gaze the Sun
- Eleven Between Modesty and Spectacle
- Twelve “Monsters of Talent”
- Thirteen Gender and Genre in the Religious Art of the Catholic Enlightenment
- Italy's Eighteenth Century
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.