- Title Pages
- 1 Cultural Affairs under Vichy
- 2 Defending French Style and Beauty
- 3 Exodus
- 4 Museums Fit for France
- 5 Saving Historic Sites
- 6 Archeology and the National Revolution
- 7 Recycling French Heroes the Destruction of Bronze Statues
- 8 Endangered Local Patrimony Bronze Statues in Paris, Chambéry, and Nantes
- 9 Jewish Art Collections
- 10 Art as a Negotiating Tool
- 11 The Vichy Legacy
- Appendix A Primary National Museum Storage Depots, 1939–1940
- Appendix B Provincial Museums in 1939 Protection Plan
- Appendix C Evacuation of Provincial Collections, 1941–1944
- Appendix D Composition of the National Museum Advisory Councils
- Primary Sources
- Secondary Sources
- Defending National Treasures
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.