- Title Pages
- Studies in Social Inequality
- Chapter One How Has Income Inequality Grown?
- Chapter Two On the Identification of the Middle Class
- Chapter Three Has Rising Inequality Reduced Middle-Class Income Growth?
- Chapter Four Welfare Regimes, Cohorts, and the Middle Classes
- Chapter Five Political Sources of Government Redistribution in High-Income Countries
- Chapter Six Income Distribution, Inequality Perceptions, and Redistributive Preferences in European Countries
- Chapter Seven Women's Employment and Household Income Inequality
- Chapter Eight Women's Employment, Unpaid Work, and Economic Inequality
- Chapter Nine Women's Work, Family Earnings, and Public Policy
- Chapter Ten The Distribution of Assets and Debt
- Chapter Eleven The Joint Distribution of Income and Wealth
- Chapter Twelve The Fourth Retirement Pillar in Rich Countries
- Chapter Thirteen Public Pension Entitlements and the Distribution of Wealth
- Chapter Fourteen Income and Wealth Inequality in Japan
- Chapter Fifteen Income Inequality in Boom and Bust
- Chapter Sixteen Horizontal and Vertical Inequalities in India
- Chapter Seventeen Post-Apartheid Changes in South African Inequality
Anthony B. Atkinson
- Income Inequality
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.