- Title Pages
- Chapter One Access to Justice
- Chapter Two Innocent Infants?
- Chapter Three The King’s Forgiveness
- Chapter Four Honor and Punishment in Late Eighteenth-Century Spain
- Chapter Five God’s Forgiveness
- Chapter Six Dangerous Women
- Chapter Seven The Many Shades of Pain and Punishment in the Spanish Atlantic
- Chapter Eight Transition to Independence
- Appendix One Inventory of Sequestered Properties Owned by Prudencio Zurita, Guadalajara, New Spain (Mexico), August, 1815
- Appendix Two: Example of the Wording of Requests In Cases To Be Considered For Good Friday Pardon (<i>Perdon De Viernes Santo</i>) Issued By Madrid’s High Court (<i>Sala De Alcaldes De Casa Y Corte</i>)
- Appendix Three: Criminal Procedure Articles. Cadiz Constitution, March 1812
- Abbreviations Used in Notes and Bibliography
- Fatal Love
Victor M. Uribe-Uran
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.