- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Chapter One Social Formation Under State Domination in Modern China
- Chapter Two Clearing Boundaries
- Chapter Three Building Boundaries
- Chapter Four Consolidating Power
- Chapter Five Community and Hierarchy
- Chapter Six Reinventing Hierarchy
- Chapter Seven Sustaining Hierarchy
- Chapter Eight Social Formation in the Early Republic
- Appendix A: Names and Terms of Office of the Generals of Jilin
- Appendix B: An Estimation of the Number of Unregistered Households in Shuangcheng in 1876
- State-Sponsored Inequality
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.