- Title Pages
- Tables and Figures
- 1 The Crisis of Democratic Representation in the Andes: An Overview
- 2 From Crisis to Collapse of the Party Systems and Dilemmas of Democratic Representation: Peru and Venezuela
- 3 Giants with Feet of Clay: Political Parties in Colombia
- 4 Ecuador: The Provincialization of Representation
- 5 Outsiders and Neopopulism: The Road to Plebiscitary Democracy
- 6 Decentralized Politics and Political Outcomes in the Andes
- 7 The Nature of Representation in Andean Legislatures and Attempts at Institutional Reengineering
- 8 Urban Citizen Movements and Disempowerment in Peru and Venezuela
- 9 Indigenous Politics in the Andes: Changing Patterns of Recognition, Reform, and Representation
- 10 State Deficiencies, Party Competition, and Confidence in Democratic Representation in the Andes
- The Crisis of Democratic Representation in the Andes
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.