- Title Pages
- Map and Tables
- Chapter 1 Western Models and Chinese Practices
- Chapter 2 Judicial Modernity as Performance of Formality
- Chapter 3 Justice Under the Party-State
- Chapter 4 Provincial Institutions and Judicial Reform in Jiangsu
- Chapter 5 Judicial Finance
- Chapter 6 The Social Context of County Judicial Functions
- Chapter 7 Power and Justice in Local Society
- Chapter 8 Prison Reform and County Jails
- Chapter 9 “Quick Justice”
- Chapter 10 The Praxis of Petition and the Economy of False Accusation
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.