- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Middlemen, Social Networks, and State-Building in Republican Shanghai
- Chapter 2 Huang Yanpei and the Chinese Society of Vocational Education in Shanghai Networking
- Chapter 3 Wang Yiting in the Social Networks of 1910s–1930s Shanghai
- Chapter 4 Du Yuesheng, the French Concession, and Social Networks in Shanghai
- Chapter 5 Popular Protest in Shanghai, 1919–1927:
- Chapter 6 The National Salvation Movement and Social Networks in Republican Shanghai
- Chapter 7 Politics of Trial, the News Media, and Social Networks in Nationalist China:
- Chapter 8 What Is In a Network? Local, Personal, and Public Loyalties in the Context of Changing Conceptions of the State and Social Welfare
- Chapter 9 The Politics of Philanthropy:
- Chapter 10 Cosmopolitan Connections and Transnational Networks
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.