- Title Pages
- Notes on Transliteration and Translation
- Part One The Cult of Culture
- One Sexual Pre-Texts
- Two Kenyan Reactance
- Three Kenyan Women's Texts
- Part Two Speaking from Memory: Religion and Remembrance
- Four In Passing and Other Circumspections
- Five On Spurious Geneses
- Six Spoken Autobiographical Acts
- Part Three From Sealing to Opening Up: Sex, Exile, and Empowerment
- Seven The Sealed Condition
- Eight Silence, Exile, and the Spectacle of the Fashioned Body Aman, Barry, Dirie
- Nine The Whole Woman and the Law
- Ten The Exciser
- Select Bibliography
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.