- Title Pages
- List of Figures and Tables
- Note on Tibetan Transliteration
- Introduction: “We Will Always Hold Tibet in Our Hearts”
- 1 Tibet in Diaspora: Locating the Homeland from the Margins of Exile
- 2 India, New Mexico, and the Specter of Tibet: On the Trail of the Tibetan Diaspora
- 3 “Tibetanness” Where There Is No Tibet: Culture in a World of Nation-States
- 4 Refugees to Citizens, Tibetans, and the State
- 5 The Tibetan U.S. Resettlement Project: The Lottery, the “Lucky 1,000,” and Immigrant Ambassadors
- 6 Tibetans in India: Deterritorialized Culture, Occidental Longing, and Global Imaginaries
- 7 A New Home in Diaspora: The First Years of the TUSRP, 1992–1996
- 8 “Culture Is Your Base Camp”: Tibetans in New Mexico, Youth, and Cultural Identity
- 9 Statelessness and the State: The Meanings of Citizenship
- Conclusion: Tibetans in the New World
- References Cited
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.