- Title Pages
- A Note on Orthography and Transcription
- A Note on Terminology
- Chapter 1 The Challenge of Legal Bilingualism in Hong Kong
- Chapter 2 Juridical Formalism and the Mechanism of Legal Rearticulation
- Chapter 3 The Practices of English and Cantonese in Colonial Hong Kong
- Chapter 4 English Courtrooms in Hong Kong
- Chapter 5 Marshaling the Legal Boundaries
- Chapter 6 Cantonese Courtrooms
- Chapter 7 Language Ideology and Legal Bilingualism
- Chapter 8 Institutional Adaptation to Legal Bilingualism
- Chapter 9 Legal Bilingualism and the Postcolonial Dilemma
- Appendix Methodology
- Cases Cited
- The Common Law in Two Voices
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.