- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- About The Authors
- Chapter One Why Study Housework?
- Chapter Two Trends in Housework
- Chapter Three Women's Employment and Housework
- Chapter Four The Politics of Housework
- Chapter Five Can State Policies Produce Equality in Housework?
- Chapter Six Economic Inequality and Housework
- Chapter Seven Cultural and Institutional Contexts
- Chapter Eight Beliefs about Maternal Employment
- Chapter Nine The Institution of Marriage
- Chapter Ten Pair Relationships and Housework
- Chapter Eleven Men's and Women's Reports about Housework
- Chapter Twelve Concluding Thoughts on the Societal Context of Housework
- Studies in Social Inequality
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.