- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- List of Tables
- 1 Inducing an Industrial Revolution
- 2 Industry Comes to a Village, Villagers Come to an Industry
- 3 State Paternalism in the Making of a Company Town
- 4 From Construction to Production
- 5 Beware of the Communists
- 6 Power over Production
- 7 Strategic Power, Labor Politics, and the Rise of the Metalworkers Union
- 8 The Crisis of Developmentalism
Sampling Procedure for the Csn Personnel Files
- Brazil's Steel City
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.