- Title Pages
- Chapter One Law and Long-Term Economic Change
- Chapter Two The Evolution of Law
- Chapter Three Law and Economy in Traditional China
- Chapter Four Property Rights, Land, and Law in Imperial China
- Chapter Five Contracts, Property, and Litigation
- Chapter Six Law and Economic Change in India, 1600–1900
- Chapter Seven Land and Law in Colonial India
- Chapter Eight The Political Economy of Law and Economic Development in Islamic History
- Chapter Nine Islamic Legal Institutions of Contracts and Courts
- Chapter Ten Bankruptcy Laws
- Chapter Eleven Debt Litigation in Medieval Holland, 1200–1350
- Chapter Twelve The Resolution of Commercial Conflicts in Bruges, Antwerp, and Amsterdam (1250–1650)
- Chapter Thirteen The Portuguese Judicial System in the Nineteenth Century
- Chapter Fourteen The Evolution of Self- and State Regulation of the London Stock Exchange, 1688–1878
- Chapter Fifteen British Legal Institutions and Transaction Costs in the Early Transport Revolution
- Law and Long-Term Economic Change
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.