- Title Pages
- Preface: Trafalgar Square, 19/20 July 1969
- Part I Mayfair Modern
- Chapter 1 London, USA?
- Chapter 2 The Embassy and the Crowd
- Chapter 3 US/Us: The Left's Special Relationship
- Part II The Counterculture
- Chapter 4 From the Albert Hall to a British Counterculture
- Chapter 5 California Dreamin'
- Chapter 6 Venues of Liberation
- Part III Freedom
- Chapter 7 Anglo-American Black Liberation
- Chapter 8 Riding the Second Wave: The American Face of Women's Liberation in Britain
- Chapter 9 Coming Out and Coming Together: Anglo-American Gay Liberation
- Part IV Postmodern, Antimodern
- Chapter 10 Dystopias
- Chapter 11 British “Heritage” and the Transatlantic Marketplace
- Chapter 12 Mecklenburgh Square
- Postscript: To the Bicentennial/Jubilee
- Concluding Remarks
- Special Relations
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.