- Title Pages
- 1 The Captive Sultan
- 2 The Generous Turk
- 3 The Triumphant Sultana
- 4 The Turkish Subjects of Gluck and Haydn
- 5 Osmin in Vienna
- 6 “To honor the Emperor”
- 7 The Ottoman Adventures of Rossini and Napoleon
- 8 Pappataci and Kaimakan
- 9 An Ottoman Prince in the Romantic Imagination
- 10 Maometto in Naples and Venice
- 11 Rossini’s Siege of Paris
- 12 The Decline and Disappearance of the Singing Turk
- The Singing Turk
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.