- Title Pages
- Note on Translations and Spelling
- 1 Inventing a Border
- 2 Crisis in the Western Channel, 1855–1864
- 3 Imperial Borders
- 4 Tourists and Settlers
- 5 Slipstream Potentates
- 6 Illusory Neutrality, 1914–1918
- 7 War on the Colonial Borderland, 1919–1926
- 8 A New <i>Convivencia</i>
- 9 The Blighted Republic
- 10 The New (Old) Order, 1936–1942
- 11 A Changing Matrix, 1942–1963
- 12 The End of a Modern Borderland
- The Deepest Border
Sasha D. Pack
- Stanford University Press
Stanford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.